Mastercard has launched an interactive platform Market Trends to provide a comprehensive view of payments insights, competitive intelligence and industry trends for financial institutions in Europe.
The platform will give banks and fintechs access to card market research, thought leadership on Open Banking, and analysis on trends such as Blockchain.
Mark Barnett, President of Mastercard Europe, said: “Mastercard Market Trends delivers a single point of access to the key information banks need to inform smarter decisions with better outcomes.
“With insight into the most cutting-edge trends and consumer needs, they can identify and deploy the technology and initiatives that will super serve their customers and adapt to the constant evolution in how people shop and pay.”
Mastercard Market Trends includes five key features:
- Market Assessment: access to reports providing insights to 34 markets in the EU for socio-economic, payment and digital KPI date curated at a local level
- Card Comparison: filtering and benchmarking features of card products issued by different schemes and Issuers to help users understand the current European competitive landscape. This includes an overview of key metrics at a local level
- Digital Payment Experiences: analysis of global Fintechs and best practices to help inform strategies in a constantly evolving payments landscape e.g., use cases and company profiles
- Consumer Research: access to research studies commissioned by Mastercard globally and regionally to provide insight across a wide range of topics
- Industry Insight: access to Mastercard’s repository of videos, studies and global thought leadership on technology trends that are shaping the industry
The platform is currently available for issuers across Europe. Mastercard has plans to expand Market Trends beyond Europe soon.
Earlier this week, Mastercard announced it had extended its partnership with ANNA Money to support ANNA’s customers with value-added services.